Monday, February 18, 2008

Last Valentine's Day

Brrrrr... its really cold in here. I need something to warm myself up and write down the things I had in mind, past memories. Well, i dont mean any relationship or crushes when i write "past memories" here. :D *cough*. Armed myself with a can of what ppl called "beer" and woolen clothes warmed me up enough to sit in front of the computer and run my fingers across the keyboard. First and foremost, where is that 'winamp'?..Ah here it is, let me jump to one of my fav song of all time... "through her eyes" by Dream Theater. As the song goes, the buttons in the keyboard pop inside randomly and meaningful words appears in the vdu.

I don’t know any line to go 'that-romantic' over here. Just scribbling out what happened last valentine's day and it was nothing extraordinary. Ok..February 14th, 2007 here I come. It was raining since early morning. T'was really cold and was sitting near the "Sikri" all morning. Switching channels in the TV, nothing interesting, its really boring. Unexpectedly, my friend PV Joseph (currently doing his Biblical Studies and preparing to become one of those white-gowned man) came to visit me. He had a beautiful girlfriend and blah blah blah.. I don’t want to say everything. Hehe. Soon we had our "Zing Chaw" and PV joined us. After 'zing chaw', my dad told me to deliver some important documents at Vaivakawn. Since it was raining i told him, "Dad, lets wait till the rain stops, or else we might catch cold." But, soon after I said the above line, the rain stops, damn you Rain!!

So, PV and I set out on the breezing cloudy day. Some people said the weather was really really 'romantic', but if you have any important thing to do, it was really really 'deadly'. We went down straight to Vaivakawn, deliver the documents and on the way back, about a minute or two, it started raining again. I thought of going to Chhandama's (Dakul Sphinx, once a lover, now a south indian) shop if he was there. Damn, he wasn't there. So we went up straight to where he dwells, he was there, sitting infront of the computer with a heater beside him. I met some friends on the way and all of them just keep asking the same question, "How will you spend the day?". I just smiled at them, thinking they will understand.

Now the three of us, sitting together, doing nothing. Chatting on different topics was a waste of time. Lastly, we decided to listen to 'love songs' loudly, so that everyone in the neighbourhood will think we 'enjoyed' the day. But, we couldn't think of a better song than "Mr. Lonely - Akon", target and song mismatch. Now comes the part what they called 'boring' when listening to the same song several times, and it was really loud that we couldn't hear ourselves speak. Chda's Creative 4500 W, 5.1 inch subwoofer was enough to blow up the room.

After being Mr. Lonely for the 7th time, PV jumped to his favourite "You were mine" by Dixie Chicks. Well, the lyric goes like this -

I can't find a reason to let go

Even though you've found a new love

And she's what your dreams are made of

I can find a reason to hang on

What went wrong can be forgiven

Without you, it ain't worth livin' alone

Sometimes I wake up crying at night

And sometimes I scream out your name

What right does she have to take you away

When for so long, you were mine

Is it romantic? Not at all on that day. But now? Yes, of course!! :D Whenever i listen the song, those memories lingers. Huizzz, now is the time to talk to friends. me and Chda sat near the phone, dialing numbers from the directory or known as "cell phone". We talk and talk and talk. Talking to friends just won't help, it was still boring. The rain still pouring, the weather still cold. Tea time, hehe... lets have some tea. A 'big' cup of tea and two packet of Lays was good enough.

Oh... almost forgot. I need a new handset. My handset was my mom's second hand and it was very 'girly' haha. Time was ticking fast, it was already 2pm when we went out to the cell phone store. PV didn't joined us, he felt content watching Korean serials. Being a high-gadget low-budget guy, I switched on 2 phone models, both flip phones. One was Samsung and the other Motorola. I dont know which one to buy, I asked Chda, he didn't know either. Finally, the saleswoman says, "Take this, it fits you" and handed me the Motorola. I took it. Since then, i'm a moto-fan. :D

We went straight home, handing over my old phone to my mom and told her i got a new one. She just smiled. My younger sis told me, this is very 'korean style' hehe.. wateva. Just after reporting ourselves, i realised there's a distortion in the screen. So we went back to the store in a jiffy. The same girl was there, she gave me a new phone and we go back home to Chda's. Our clothes all wet, and we sat near the "Sikri" quickly. Slurrrppp!! a cup of tea again. Walk in the rain was also not romantic at all.

By this time it was already 4pm and the sun nearly set. PV was still watching the Korean serial. After warming ourselves we went to our hideout again, sitting infront of the computer. Again listening to songs which we think is very 'romantic'. After an hour, i received an sms, of course this sms was from a lady. I look into it, it was none other than my mom saying "I lo haw pahin nawalh i lo lei haw pah rawh aw". And I know, this was also the order to make me go home. After a long day, we started to part. Say "byeeeeee". Huizzz... what a romantic day!!

I know that she's waitin'

For me to say forever

I know that I sometimes

Just don't know how to tell her

I want to hold and kiss her

Give her my love, make her believe

She doesn't know

She doesn't know

You're all I need beside me girl

You're all I need to turn my world

You're all I want inside my heart

You're all I need when we're apart

You're all that I need


- 11.02.2008

No comments: