Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 here I come!

Last year was a wretchedly unhappy, uncomfortable year and to put it short 'miserable'. It's 2 in the morning and a new day of January 3rd is waiting. I hope its getting better. Last year, on a day like this I was at home all day, got nothing to do and had my cousin sister straighten my hair :-). At dusk two of my friends, RSa and Opa (to be precise) come unexpectedly. We chit chat a little while and asked them to join us for dinner. Then we headed straight to Chd's place after that. Late at night we went back home and the four of us stay together for the night. And the next day, we visited our old school.
Ok, the main reason why I wrote the above lines is that things are going so fast. I still remember every bit of this and that happening that night. It’s been a year past already and seems it just happened a minute ago. Counting from today and exactly one week from now i.e Jan 9th was the last day I see my pop (may his soul RIP).
Things were going so fine and the next thing I knew in June, my dad's gone…….. I don't want to go any word longer here.

After that, just 4 months after a friend Joseph died in a motorcycle accident. I knew him from the day I first went to Delhi. He was waiting for us at the airport with David (my friend's cuz). Joseph was a stranger to me back then, but he is kinda funny, fat and love jokes so much. He carried my big suitcase and I still remember him having it on the lap at the front seat, congested and can’t even reach for his phone. After we reach their place, we had conversations and he shared his funny experiences. After much laugh we sleep.

I get to know him better day by day. He had a big heart and understanding mind. He looks us as younger brothers, though he loves toys and computer games much more than we do. He likes cooking and he’s a good cook. Everything was new for us and loves explaining them things.

He was also a motorcycle freak and he loves it a lot. When he had his new ‘animal’ (that’s what he call it), he came to our place with some game dvds and that’s the last time we see him. He never come back to collect his dvds, but then he answered his callings sooner than we can imagine. He’s a great fan of Dream Theater; we use to talk about them a lot. He said, “I cried once when I was going home from Darjeeling listening to DT all the way to Guwahati.” Well, Joseph this is for you…

Where did we come from?
Why are we here?
Where do we go when we die?
What lies beyond?
What lay before?
Is anything certain in life?
They say, Life is too short,
The here and the now,
And you're only given one shot,
Could there be more?
If I lived before?
Or could this be all that we've got?
If I die tomorrow,
I'd be alright because I believe,
That after we're gone,
The spirit carries on.

The mean year doesn’t stop here. It’s almost the end of the year and we are all looking forward to the coming Christmas. One fine morning on November, my mom called me and told me that my cousin died. I was so shocked and I was speechless. Mom dropped the phone telling me she’ll call back in the afternoon.

Yes, a cousin and a great friend Joseph Lalrammawia pass away leaving his wife and 3 little kids. I remember the Euro 2008 nights; the two of us use to watch together. We bet money on the teams and we were like the happiest friends to watch Euro.

We use to have late night-talks and always motivated me for what I’m doing and ask me lot about computers. He was a great rock music fan. He asked me once if I listen to Pink Floyd. Yes, some of them. “If you ever listen to Pink Floyd, listen it when you are alone. Their lyrics are so psychedelic and never do drugs while listening. Drink, if you want.”

Needless to mention, my first ever guitar was a secondhand from him. It was an old 90s Hobner with rusted strings. Hand-made saddle and got a hole on the back. I was very happy but didn’t know how to play it.

I still remember 2004 Christmas Eve, when we both took cameras out and we snap pictures at Coffee Nite. After then we went back to his room and drink Apple Wine together. What a night to remember, calling my parents that I was with him and no need to worry about. And I didn’t know how all the pictures that we took was nowhere to be seen.

We use to play videogames together a lot; he was in college and I was in elementary. “Guard the hero and I will move forward” was the strategy we use to apply when playing Battle tanks. I always guard the hero.

I miss him so much. Rest In Peace.

Well, the cruel rude year just gone by. I hope this year will be a blessing, may nothing bad happens this year. Confidently… 2009 here I come.

5 comments:

DayDreamBeliever said...

Hey Joseph, I'm sorry to hear about the past year. I guess it hasn't been an easy year for most of us... or is it that, as we grow older, we come into more frequent touch with sadness, loss and disappointments? Whatever may be the case, here's a heartfelt wish that 2009 will bring tons of blessings your way. Happy New Year!

samuelapa said...

Anything may come and go in 2009
Wish you have a wonderful new year with this song "Lal Isua nen engkim a ropui"

Almostunreal said...

i can see that you 2008 was quite tough for you...wish that 2009 is a better and happier year for you..God bless :)

Lal Jo-a said...

@ DDB

@ Samuelapa

@ Almost Unreal

Thanks all for your wishes..

Sekibuhchhuak said...

Nie, nikum lam kha i tan chuan kum lungchhiatthlak tak ani ngeiin ka ring ! Engpawhnise, hun kal ta te chu hnuchhanwin, hmalam pana kal zel turin duh sakna ka hlan a che !