Thursday, June 14, 2012

DP "Jolene"

It's been a while since I get my hands on digital painting. Well I'm not that 'talented' kinda artist at all, but I used to be very 'interested' in the art. "I should brush myself up since I might get a chance to paint one French girl," I thought to myself. Amidst the dream, I was jumping from one video to another video on YouTube until I get to "The Little Willies - Jolene" to which I stopped before watching and download it. I know this is gonna worth listening since Norah Jones is on vocals in the band.

"Jolene" isn't a new song but this version really melted me. Norah's soft and not-so-powerful voice with just the right amount of music to back her up, I could feel her.

"Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him just because you can
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you, Jolene"


And I could not imagine how beautiful Jolene would be. She's just indisputable. *wished I could see her*

I thought I was struck by a lightning when the idea hit me, I shiver! Yes, I should try painting Jolene.

I should've taken every screenshot from scratch, but here's all the screenshot that I took. I was stuck at several steps but as a lazy person would always do, I find some easy way of doing it, like, for the eye - Shades. :-)


 
Nose and Lips  takes most of the time since they're the organ that will define the beauty in Jolene.




You might notice the frequent dodges which makes her hair look sooo damaged.
 
 

Yes, the boobs :-) I spent awhile there. Her necklace with my siggy on it, coat with texture and background. For the background, "Colder Weather" lyrics by Zac Brown Band is pasted.


Now for some photo filters. 


This, I think is the nearest I could get to painting Jolene. I'm not proud of it, but for the sake of an update! :-)

 

6 comments:

H.Vangchhia said...

He hla hian ka lung a tileng ve thei phian.

Mimihrahsel said...

dolly parton sak kha ka lo hriat ve chu nia, kan hun laia lar kha ania :D

i guess nose and lips are important for you to describe beauty? hmanah kan miss in blackboard ah hmeichhe lem min ziah tir theuhah, uluk bik kha kan lo nei ngei ngei e, entirnan kei chuan a mit kha ka draw rei ber a, a hnuah in uluk ber, in draw rei ber kha in ngaih pawimawh ber, midangah pawh in en ber aniang ati. dik ve reng

Lal Jo-a said...

@H V - A hla hi e, kei pawh nalh ka la ti reng.

@Mimi - Dolly Parton i sak kha Radio ah kan ngaithla nasa thin alawm. :-)
Eyes pawh ka duh lutuk, mahse a har emm a, shades ka bun tir daih alawm. Nose leh lips em em chu hanky a khuh tir ka duh tawh lo a. Midangah ka en ber a nih leh nih loh ka hrelo rengs kei chu.

Anonymous said...

I idea hi a va han tha turu thin em ve aw...! He hla hi kei pawh Dolly Parton sak ka ngaithla thin a, a thiamin a aw nen pawh a inhmeh lungrun khawp mai. I pain nalh hle e.

Aduhi Chawngthu said...

Artistique. I love the brown haired version. I would suggest making the hair a bit more wavy, a bit bouncier than this one. But the straight hair looks good in the black haired version.

Norah Jones is one fantastic singer. Listening to Jolene as I type this :)

Lal Jo-a said...

@TS - Dolly Parton te i hre ve elaw? Ka rin ai takin i changkang.

@Aduhi - Now I know, I should put a brown-black version. :-)